Bryan ClintonSenior Counsel
Bryan provides strategic, practical advice to energy companies. Bryan draws on years of direct experience working as inhouse counsel in a number of energy and gas companies, including Hess Corporation, NiSource, Chevron Corporation. Most recently, Bryan has worked as General Counsel and Corporate Secretary of Rimrock Energy Partners, an investment entity of Energy Spectrum Capital, a Dallas-based private equity firm focused on investing in energy infrastructure. As a member of the leadership team, Bryan directly contributed to the development, acquisition and operation of midstream assets in various basins throughout Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico, Texas and Oklahoma. During his time at Rimrock, Bryan was responsible for all legal functions of the organization, including securing a $200MM credit facility, negotiation and drafting of all critical customer commercial partnerships, and closing an $18MM real estate acquisition.
Bryan’s experience working with private and publicly traded energy companies includes:
- Drafted Joint Development Agreement for corporation’s $53MM joint venture drilling commitment;
- Negotiated Letter of Intent and Master Services Agreement to secure $16MM data acquisition option;
- Negotiated and closed a $49MM investment partnership with retail energy distributors;
- Advised project teams on environmental compliance matters for construction activities in California;
- Negotiated and drafted multiple Marketing Agreements, Dedication and Gathering Agreements, Power Purchase Agreements, Precedent Agreements, Construction Agreements, Software Licenses, NAESBs, ISDAs, Point Operating Agreements, Interconnection Agreements, Mining Agreements, SaaS agreements and other agreements and regulatory matters pertinent to energy sector
Bryan is a Member of the State Bar of Texas Oil, Gas, & Energy Resources Law Section
Bryan also advises and partners with entrepreneurs, founders, and emerging growth technology companies, leveraging his years of experience by often starting from the moment of inception and continuing through their achievement of scale and, at times, a sale event. Clients value and rely upon Bryan’s deep experience, including as a general counsel of a private equity backed start up, which included acting as an Interim HR & Benefits Director for team of fifty-three personnel operating across multiple states, uniquely positions him to address and swiftly handle any issue that arises.
In his spare time, Bryan enjoys distance running, cross country skiing, and fly fishing. Bryan also works with rural outreach charities.
The University of Missouri School of Law Columbia, Missouri
- Juris Doctor May 2008
The University of Missouri Trulaske College of Business Columbia, Missouri
- Master of Business Administration – Finance May 2008
The University of Texas at Austin Austin, Texas
- Bachelor of Arts
Bar Admissions and Licenses:
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Colorado
- Association of Corporate Counsel
- Denver Corporate Counsel Association Mini-MBA Program Coordinator
- State Bar of Texas Oil, Gas, & Energy Resources Law Section
Direct: (281) 788 4507