Corporate Transactional Attorney (Contract)
Technology | Telecommunications
Carpenter Wellington PLLC (“CW”) is reputable corporate and commercial law firm, with offices in Seattle, Austin, and Portland. In short time CW has established itself within the industry, with a stellar reputation, high community involvement, and an impressive portfolio of clients comprising of enterprise companies together with exciting startup and emerging companies. This unique blend provides our stellar attorney and support teams the unique opportunity to work with a great variety of work while remaining focused on maintaining and building upon a culture and lifestyle that promotes an enjoyable work/life balance.
CW seeks a stellar, experienced technology transactional attorney, with preference to someone who also has telecom experience, to hit the ground running with a deep and robust portfolio of clients, including Fortune 500 companies. It is anticipated that, to begin with, this will be approximately 20 hours a week, but with demonstrated contributions, this will increase and this contract role may be transition into a fulltime position with opportunity for the successful candidate to establish a leadership role, bring their own unique flavor, and contribute to the continued success of the firm – this is CW’s preference.
- Advise, review and draft complex technology and commercial transactions, including in negotiating, drafting and reviewing major and/or non-standard commercial and technology contracts, including licensing agreements, maintenance agreements, professional services agreements, cloud services agreements, outsourcing agreements, software as a service agreements, hardware purchasing agreements, e-commerce agreements, website and mobile hosting and development agreements, evaluation agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and telecommunications agreements;
- If applicable to experience, review, drafting, and negotiation of telecommunication agreements and documents;
- Advise on intellectual property, including licensing, trademarks, copyrights, and disputes;
- Handling, and participation in, merger and acquisitions (on both sides); and
- Experience advising on employer-based employment matters is a bonus.
- Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school;
- Very strong drafting, writing, and communication skills;
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in law firm and/or corporate legal department, with detailed comprehension of transactional fundamentals, and a demonstrated experience of handling complex technology transactions;
- Excellent client relationship and interpersonal skills;
- Results oriented leader with executive maturity to render legal advice to senior leaders and executive management;
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple responsibilities and effectively manage complex projects.
- Ability to manage a fluid workflow, always with swift turnaround times, efficiency, at times with competing priorities;
- Very team focused player with strong time management skills, and willingness to mentoring junior members of a team;
- Candidate must have the ability and desire to develop a diverse business/transactional practice.
- References will be required upon request.
CW is committed to equal employment opportunity for all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex or gender, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. CW remain steadfast in its commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace, as well as the industry.
Learn more at www.carpenterwellington.com/careers. Please provide a cover letter, with detail on the requisite experience, along with your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the submission form below. All inquiries will be kept in strict confidence.