SENIOR ASSOCIATE (SEA OR ATX) Carpenter Wellington PLLC (“CW”) is reputable corporate and commercial law firm, with offices in Seattle, Austin, and Portland. In short time CW has established itself within the industry, with a stellar reputation, high community involvement, and an impressive portfolio of clients comprising of enterprise companies together with exciting startup and emerging companies. This unique blend provides our stellar attorney and support teams the unique opportunity to work with a great variety of work while remaining focused on maintaining and building upon a culture and lifestyle that promotes an enjoyable work/life balance.
CW seeks a corporate and commercial attorney with a minimum of seven (7) years of law firm and/or in-house experience, for its Seattle, WA or Austin, TX office, to advise and partner with clients in industries including enterprise, cloud, software services, gaming, and emerging technologies. CW deem this a unique opening a “ground floor” position that presents fresh and new opportunities for the successful candidate to establish a leadership role, bring their own unique flavor, and contribute to the continued success of the firm.
- Advise, review and draft technology and commercial transactions, licensing and acquisition, offshore outsourcing, and other related commercial contracts, focusing in the areas of software and related high technology;
- Start-up/venture: advise on entity formation and set-up, equity incentive plans, seed and preferred financing rounds, corporate governance (corporations, LLCs and partnerships), and financing;
- Advise on intellectual property, including licensing, trademarks, copyrights, and disputes;
- Handling, and participation in, merger and acquisitions (on both sides); and
- Experience advising on employer-based employment matters and/or telecommunications is a bonus.
- Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school;
- Very strong drafting, writing, and communication skills;
- Minimum 7 years of experience in law firm and/or corporate legal department;
- Excellent client relationship and interpersonal skills;
- Results-oriented leader with executive maturity to render legal advice to senior leaders and executive management;
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple responsibilities and effectively manage complex projects.
- Ability to manage a fluid workflow, at times with competing priorities;
- Very team focused player with strong time management skills and willingness to mentoring junior members of a team;
- Candidate must have the ability and desire to develop a diverse business/transactional practice; and 10.
- Preference given to candidates with portable book of business, however the firm expects to direct significant internal opportunities to you.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay and benefits makeup including 401K, unlimited PTO (subject to Company policy); benefits offering; parental leave; remote and flexible work schedule (including post COVID); as well as discretionary, performance-based bonuses and incentives.
CW is committed to equal employment opportunity for all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex or gender, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. CW remain steadfast in its commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace, as well as the industry.
Learn more at www.carpenterwellington.com/careers. Please provide a cover letter along with your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be kept in strict confidence.